Hi *waves with a HUGE grin*
Sooo starting TODAY (Tuesday, 29th October), I launching an online campaign called #whyCMUR.
This campaign started out as an assignment for one of the courses I am doing (Strategic Use of Digital Information for Enterprise), but has turned into something personal. The assignment is to come up with a social media
strategy to increase the level of engagement of Carnegie Mellon University -
Rwanda (CMUR) Facebook page.
My group and I decided to go with the strategy of “why CMUR?” “Why Choose CMUR?”. Using past statistics, there are two things we would like this campaign to accomplish:
1. Increase awareness about CMUR and the quality of education that is now at our (Africa’s) disposal
2. Increase the awareness about CMUR specifically to girls
For the next 7 days (starting today), the posts that will be on the page will be tailored by my Group and I to ensure that we reach the above targets.
What has this got to do with you?
The essence of Facebook is the aspect of “social” – for me to reach that girl (your friend’s friend’s friend) who is thinking about a masters but doesn’t know where to start; I need YOU.
What do I need you to do
1. On Tuesday – 29th Oct (Today), like the Facebook page
2. Comment, Like the posts that will be uploaded. There will be 4 posts every day: 6am, 12pm, 4pm & 9pm – I need you to be active on at least two of those posts.
3. Please Please, share the posts – Sharing will widen the reach of the posts to the nth friend.
4. Ask your friends (Especially the girls) to like the page – the more the merrier. The page has a page recommend feature, so you can go crazy.
Why would you do all of this, because for a long time we have cried Ignorance – the more we get the word out, and get our friends to get the word out, the lower the chances of crying “we never knew”. Also currently being at the University, my mind has been broadened in so many ways, I hope to capture some during the week.
Lastly, I would like to take this campaign viral – Let “them” know, about CMUR
If you have any questions, drop me a comment below!